Only for business operating in EU country with valid VAT identification numbers, we don’t charge VAT on the sale.
The intra-Community supply and acquisition of goods occurs where goods are dispatched or transported between businesses in different Member States (MS) of the European Union (EU).
For Value-Added Tax (VAT) purposes, two transactions are deemed to have occurred:
- intra-Community acquisition (ICA)
- intra-Community supply (ICS).
This section covers the VAT treatment of the ICS of goods. An ICS refers to the supply of goods by a business in one MS to a business in another MS of the EU. In these transactions the purchaser is required to self-account for VAT. The purchaser self-accounts for the VAT as if he or she had made the supply themselves.
This section explains:
- the VAT treatment of ICS of goods in the European Union (EU)
- what evidence you need to retain when making an ICS
- what triangulation is in respect of supplies of goods within the EU
- the VAT treatment of supplies of new means of transport to a person in another Member State
- the VAT obligations when supplying excisable goods to another Member State.
I'm in the EU, but I don't have a VAT Number?
Unfortunately we still have to charge VAT on these orders, you may be able to claim the tax back on these items, please check with your local tax authority.
How do I Place a VAT Free Order?
Add your items to the cart as normal but set up your Billing using Company details then email your company details to us. This should include your Company Name and VAT Registration Number.